Product Support Engineers
E-MetroTel has revolutionized enterprise VoIP Buiness Telephony and continues to have ambitious initiatives. We run a world-class Support team that assists our ever-growing global customer and partner base. Our Support team is the backbone of E-MetroTel, providing quality support to over 200000 active users worldwide to ensure our clients’ run seamlessly and effectively. Our team is made of generalists with the ability to troubleshoot all E-MetroTel product lines.
Our team is looking for smart, passionate individual with 3-5 years of experience to join our growing Support organization. As a Network Support Engineer, you can immediately apply your coursework, work with a variety of industries, and gain exposure to a diverse group of teams within. E-MetroTel provides many opportunities to grow yourself, in a challenging, and fast-paced environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various for voice, video and messaging technologies issues reported by E-MetroTel customers, partners and account teams
- Own each issue through the process from initial creation to resolution
- Collaborate with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex issues
- Read and analyze packet capture using Wireshark
- Work with R&D and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Provides technology/product training as required.
- Effectively utilizes moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems.
- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise
- Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of case notes, technical tips and white papers.
- Stay up to date on new features and technology by participating in Engineering and Product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience and a combination of designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the Voice and Networking products, devices, solutions, and technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking and voice protocols, including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, VOIP,H.323, SIP, RTP, SRTP
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Previous internship and/or work experience or volunteer work in a network lab environment helpful
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
- Passionate about networking, IT and helping people
- Working towards or have a degree in Computer Networking, Information Technology, or a related discipline.